- Bij: RTL
- Vanaf: 01-02-2023
- Duurt: Meer dan 3 maanden
- Voor: 40 uur per week
- Soort stage: ICT en Development
- Opleidingsniveau: HBO/WO
- Vergoeding: € 400,- bruto bij fulltime stage
- Afstudeeropdracht: Niet mogelijk
Help us make a difference by working on sustainability within the largest commercial media and entertainment company in the Netherlands!
About RTL Nederland:
RTL Nederland is one of Holland's leading and most distinguishing media companies. Its goal is to entertain and inform a broad audience 24/7 on all relevant platforms with stories that touch both the heart and mind. The all-round media & entertainment company boasts five free to air television stations (RTL 4, RTL 5, RTL 7, RTL 8 and RTL Z), an independent news organisation, the leading local video on demand platform Videoland, three digital channels (RTL Lounge, RTL Crime and RTL Telekids) and the digital weather platform Buienradar. Its channels and platforms offer a wide variety predominately Dutch programs and international content, documentaries, films and drama. RTL Nederland is a subsidiary company of RTL Group and part of the international Bertelsmann organisation. www.rtl.nl
About the role Airline, Agri-food, or Fashion industries often come to the top of your mind when talking about the responsibility of business activities on climate change, but more rarely the Media and Entertainment industry is mentioned. While producing, distributing and monetizing content do in fact contribute to the emission of greenhouse gases as well, and because as a media we do have a role to play to raise awareness and educate about the environmental crisis.
At RTL Netherlands, sustainable development is an important topic, and we have started to actively address this strategic and crucial issue since 2020, influencing more and more the way we do business. Together with the various business units within RTL, we collect data to gain insights into our carbon emissions, with the aim of defining a data-driven strategic action plan to become carbon neutral by 2030. And that goes further than TV only… Besides our linear channels on TV, which include RTL 4 and RTL 5, we are working on sustainability of our digital products, such as Videoland, RTL XL, Buienradar and RTL Nieuws.
And that is not all, as other areas we focus on are the production of the content we broadcast, the advertisements we air, emissions that come from our own operations and facilities. WE also work on the editorial and storytelling side to change the way we address the environmental topic within our content. What will you do By working on sustainability within RTL, you will work with stakeholders of various departments, which will provide you with a broad understanding of our business operations.
During your internship, you will:
- Analyze market trends and competitors: carbon reduction strategies, communication, product approach…
- Collect data and conduct analyses to measure the carbon footprint of RTL Netherlands products
- Work on carbon reduction strategies with various business units of RTL, taking into account the varying business operations and needs of the departments
- Drive the implementation of the sustainable initiatives
- Work with the content and editorial teams on various projects to embed the environmental topic within our shows
- Work on internal communication to improve awareness and engagement among RTL employees
- Interact with external vendors to collaborate on sustainable development
- Work with international stakeholders by participating in the RTL Group Climate Task Force
- Work in an agile environment driving change and influencing senior level
Waarvan ken jij RTL? Van onze tv-zenders of via een van onze digitale platformen? Je checkt het laatste nieuws via RTL Nieuws en weet of het gaat regenen of voorlopig droog blijft via Buienradar, samen The Voice kijken of relaxen met een serie op Videoland. Mensen weten onze tv-zenders feilloos te vinden op hun afstandsbediening en met Videoland, RTL XL, Buienradar, vloggers en bloggers op YouTube zijn we uitgegroeid tot de grootste lokale online speler. Door al deze activiteiten ben je verbonden met ons, RTL Nederland. Bij RTL werken we elke dag keihard om het beste entertainment te maken en HET gesprek van de dag te zijn. Of je nou thuis bent, onderweg naar je werk of in de kroeg met vrienden, ons doel is om je te voorzien van relevante verhalen die er toe doen en jouw nieuwsgierigheid prikkelen en voeden. En dat doen we het liefst met jong, aanstormend talent.
What we offer:
- Plenty of development opportunities.
- Nice colleagues and you work in a team.
- Internship allowance of 350 euros per month.
- You can work from your own home and in the office.
- Flexible working hours.
- Opportunities to develop more broadly by looking at other teams.
- Great office in Hilversum media park with parking facilities and restaurant.